Friday, June 4, 2010

Goodsell Observatory? Oh, Carleton...

Star Wars meets Carleton - can we claim these students as our prodigies?

http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2010/06/02/the-ultimate-r2-d2-college-prank/

4 comments:

  1. is it worth asking how you happened across this blog? perhaps in the same way nate and i once happened upon sci-fi house one star-crossed evening?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favorite part is that "the ultimate R2D2 college prank" implies that there's some precedent for R2D2 pranks. Which I don't think there is. Also, Rye, what a fateful night indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT ALSO MOVES AND MAKES NOISES!
    http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2010/06/carleton_studen.php

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been following this story for the past week, and it kind of sounds like there is some controversy brewing.

    Like how security tore the stuff down right away even though the "pranksters" left a note on the door asking grounds to keep the display up for 24 hours and that they would take it down themselves.
    Also, there were rumors that the students were fined $1300 for this...which pissed everyone off cause Carleton got a lot of positive publicity for this stunt.

    I wish someone had come up with this last year though! I would have loved making my daily comps trek to Goodsell and arriving at R2D2. :]

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.