Monday, August 30, 2010

Lets have some fun, this beat is sick

Hey friends! Just a little update...

1. I'm working a couple times a month doing floorset for American Eagle. My first session was last week, Wednesday and Thursday night from 9pm - 4am. I basically do the visuals and displays for all the new product that comes in. It was crazy working that late. You know that feeling you got at Carleton when you were up late writing a horrible paper that is due the next day and its 3 in the morning and you're out of coffee? That's what it felt like when I was board folding my 17th stack of long-sleeve mens thermal tops. Haha. Its not so bad, but my limited checking account is in danger because I get a 50% discount and a first look at all the new stuff.

2. I have a new laptop! Dell Studio 17, 500GB hard drive space (what??), and it has one of those little built in webcams. Lets video chat sometime, k?? I miss your pretty faces!

3. I am SO OBSESSED with Etsy.com. Its like an ebay for artists/craftspeople/jewelry people/clothing designers/woodworkers etc but you don't bid on anything, just buy what you want. Like an online art fair? I've been finding the most amazing jewelry and I already have pages of stuff in my wishlist. Already bought a couple things. Uh oh.

Seriously...they have everything from Gummy Bear earrings to bath/shower scrub that look more like dessert to adorable tiny terrariums you can wear on your finger! Not to mention all the Alice in Wonderland, Jane Austen, or English Tudor royalty stuff you can find. haha. All that does not do this site justice, seriously just look up anything you've ever thought would be cool to have and you'll find it.

I may just have to take up jewelry making, cause I could make a fortune selling stuff there.

4. I'm going to see Lady GaGa tomorrow night! She's doing 2 shows in Mpls cause the first night sold out in minutes. lol. I CAN'T WAIT to get my dance on. Imma take pictures and I just might be wearing a gold lame GaGa dress. We'll see. haha.

5. My wish bracelet fell off this morning. I hope those wishes come true! What the bracelet status for the rest of you guys?

Miss you all. Keep posting, I want to read about your lives! :] <3

5 comments:

  1. A middle school friend of mine (she moved away just as a best friendship was blooming, I don´t want to talk about it) sells her stuff on Etsy, I think her business is "SoylentMekayla." She´s real cool, you should buy her stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the etsy headquarters are a 10 minute walk from my job in brooklyn... they have a craft night every Monday with free crafting an supplies and famous sellers come and teach yo the craft. it is amazing!

    Also- Andrew's brother's gf (jeanne) sells home made books on etsy.... I got them as a gift for friends from home- they are meatiful. I think she is called "peacemeal designs" or something like that. Check her out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. caro, was 'meatiful' intentional or just an awesome typo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. as far as my bracelet goes...i'm getting worried about all the bacteria that has accumulated on this rancid little ribbon (which of course I love), as it is now a nice shade of gray-brown (originally yellow). I'm just waiting for the skin rash to appear. it's pretty tenacious; no sign of any tears yet...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nate - bummer about your stalled best-friendship! she doesn't have anything for sale right now, but I'll defs keep checking it out. :]

    Caro - Thats so awesome you're right by Esty HQ. Let me know if you go to any of their craft nights! haha, that sounds like fun. Also, I checked out those books--way cool.

    Ryeon - Should have picked a different color that would disguise the mold. lol. Mine got soaked in chlorine at work so it got pretty faded but not moldy! The knots in mine unraveled though so I hope those wishes still count.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.