First, I hope everyone had a delicious t-givs. I made pumpkin cheesecake, which is in fact much easier and quicker than originally anticipated. Two of my friends from AmeriCorps (Colleen and Margaret) came to visit this past week AND IT WAS FANTASTIC. Not in the romanticized omgosh I'm so glad they're gone, but I am now looking upon it fondly kind of way, but in the truly, wow, my friends have disapparated and now I have no idea when I will ever see anyone again. So perhaps erring on the melancholic side? Anyhow, given that we've lived together in among the most strenuous situations nonviolent residences can offer, having them over was not so much like having guests but having my housemates come back to me. And I finally didn't have to walk the trails by myself, nor did I have to see HP7 alone. We also got to hot tub and play nature trivia games with some of the pals here. And of course I get smashed the first night they're here. They're sipping on some beers and I'm rolling back the Tanquerays and Cranberry like no old lady's bizness. They understood.
Moving on, now they've departed. AND everyone else (e.g. the other interns and a ranger with whom I've become friends) all leave next Saturday. I am here to the following Saturday. So. Expect some calls. I'm bound to get lonesome. Infinite Jest will become my 100 new friends. Maybe I'll try out drinking alone. jk.
Finally, I have a job for the following year in Northern California! I'm working at Emandal, which is next to a river in the Redwoods, with which I'm pretty excited to commune. Or climb. Or stare in awe. I get room and board SO POTENTIALLY NO MORE PASTA SAUCE FOR ME. Well, at least it will no longer constitute a full meal. I'll be there from April-September, in hopes of getting another job right after in Palo Alto. I'm trying to get my whole commune idea fleshed out during these next two years.
I wish you were all here. I didn't get to dogpile this week, which vaguely upsets me, so you should come humor me.
With love and mobiles,
rye
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.