Monday, May 16, 2011

The NYC Contingent Grows By 1

So this is going to be a brief (but action-packed!!) update. I finished my gig at Carleton at the end of April and while I was über pleased to be done with it, in the end it was a more rewarding experience than I'd anticipated. If any of you want advice on how to get into selective undergrad programs, just let me know.

Since then I went to my mom's graduation from grad school and have been hanging out at home for a week. It's been nice to help my dad and chill with my grandpa (who starts every conversation with a perplexed question about South America...he's real adorable) but now I'm on to another step. And that step will take place in...

New York! I put a lot of thought into it and decided that it's where most of the jobs I'm finding are located and it also has the greatest concentration of friends here in the US. So I'm flying out tomorrow to follow up on some job applications, hit the pavement to find more opportunities, and start networking with alums/other contacts. I have a summer sublet with a really chill (read: stoner) NYU law student in E. Williamsburg and I'm just looking forward to another new start in a stimulating place.

And that's my update. I'll definitely have more anecdotes from Carleton (and soon, NYC) to share with you all when I see you. Hope you're all doing great, talk with you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Yay Nate! Sounds like life is rolling along quite pleasantly for you. Good luck tramping the streets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY...this is so exciting! I'm actually flying to minnesota this weekend...wonder if we'll cross paths lol. Also let me know if you'd like me to pass along a resume (I have a lot of contacts with a wide range of agencies we work with).

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.