Sorry I haven´t posted since I arrived everyone. I´m safe, just fyi. The store is chock FULL of colorful characters and I´m pretty excited to dissect them more thoroughly in the future (Ryeon, Andrew...no funny business at the mention of dissection). So far I don´t really have friends, but it´s ok because I have a really cool crazy neighbor who should sign the Kyoto Protocol at the rate she smokes, an aspiring Buddhist/quasi-academic employee, all the coked-out tourists speaking garbled, Cockney English I could ever want, and the world of couchsurfing to bring new friends to my front door.
Today I also found my favorite store in La Paz/Bolivia/ever. They sell tickertape, fireworks, dried starfish, roots that make you hallucinate, and hammocks. All at reasonable prices!! Bolivia´s also nice because beer, albeit weak pilsener, is sold in half liters. For a dollar. Which means either a. I don´t really need friends or b. having friends will be that much better.
Finally, La Paz is cool because instead of normal city buses we have mini-buses from the 1970´s. Exactly like the ones in LOST. The other day I had the best time imagining my overweight driver was Hurly bouncing through the jungle. How am I going to watch that show come Feb. 1?!?
And that´s my Bolivian life. I have pretty much full control of the store at this point and tomorrow I start training my very own full-time employee. I´ll post pictures soon of my pretty apartment and other things that catch my attention. LATER!
p.s. Can we have a competition to see who can use this website to most hilarious effect?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HURLEY! omgosh. will you please breathe the numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42 on his neck while he's driving and let me know if he has a violent reaction? thxxxx
ReplyDeleteWhat search brought you to that website? I think that could be an interesting story in itself. Also, LOST creates social fragmentation and factions and is not healthy...(dammit, why didn't I start watching it??)
ReplyDeletehaha, sounds so awesome! i think you should start writing a screenplay about your adventures now...this is the last season of LOST. :]
ReplyDelete