however, friends, I don't believe that it earns this designation of creepy.
the scene: I'm sitting in the bean bag, warming by the fire, painting a pile of bones with marker. after about 15 minutes, someone walks over and says, "hey, what are you painting... ARE THOSE BONES?" the room alights with fire as people start yelling over and over again: "I THOUGHT THOSE WERE Q-TIPS! THOSE ARE BONES?" "RYEON, WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE BONES?" "WHERE DID THEY COME FROM?"
Freaked out by the accusations barreling across the room, I have only enough wit to holler back, "BUT VAIR ARE ZE BONES?" I must channel nate whenever I am frozen in uncertainty. Five minutes pass in which people are growing increasingly alarmed at the presence of bones and the fact that I can only speak in a broken record german accent.
when things die down, I reveal that I picked them up on the beach, intending to build something out of them. They demand that I boil them, which I begrudgingly do. The steam smelled like pungent earthy dirt, in case you were wondering.
that's when it was decided that this won as the creepiest thing anyone has ever done--thus, setting the bar by which other deeds can be measured.
I don't think it was that weird. Now there's a bird bone mobile hanging from a nail in the living room.
Joyous.
Also, send me some fun creative writing exercises that might elicit (or shall we say "provoke"?) some memorable responses...
haha that is pretty creepy rye, but I definitely agree it is not the highest level of creepy (please make it your goal to surpass the creepiness with whatever they catch you doing next)
ReplyDeleteYou know Amy, I´m not so sure that this isn´t the pinnacle of creepy. I was talking with Andrew the other day and we both pictured Ryeon reacting like a cornered animal in this scenerio with her eyes darting to-and-fro, perhaps a hint of a snarl on her lips. Her panicked response in faux-German and the little detail that the bone-mobile is hanging from a nail really pushed me over the edge.
ReplyDeleteRYEON come visit in the tourist store where I encounter exotic accents every day! You´d learn sooo much!
when it comes to flight or fight, i'm most likely to beat my little fists helplessly against some brazen chest and then curl up into a ball on the floor waiting for the blows from the steel toed boots to splinter my rib cage.
ReplyDeletei would die pretty quickly in combat situations. i've come to accept that reality.