Friday, March 19, 2010

the phone call you never want to get...

Hi friends. I got a call from my Dad yesterday afternoon that my mom was in the hospital with a possible brain aneurysm. It turns out that she actually has a very large brain tumor in the very center of her brain that started to bleed and began to break down the communication pathways between the right and the left side. The good news is that she is stable right now, and the doctors are going to biopsy it tomorrow and decide on how/whether to attempt surgery and/or radiation/chemo depending upon whether the tumor is benign or cancerous. I'm kind of in shock right now, but I saw her and talked to her today and thank god she recognized me and only her short term memory has been addled at the moment. So...yeah. Life.

2 comments:

  1. oh gosh, katie! i'll call you asap, pick up whenever you're able to talk. LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are dealing with a lot right now... call whenever you want to chat

    I miss you and am thinking of you

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.