Sunday, March 13, 2011

Joining the masses?

Yeah, so I randomly got a job through a temp agency.

Starting tomorrow at 9:45 AM I'm working for Wells Fargo. I'm at one of their main offices...doing adminstrative/customer service type work? Not entirely clear what all my duties will entail yet. But its 40 hrs a week! 10-7pm. Just a 3 month assignment, so not too stressful with the commitment.

I'm just focusing on getting money in the bank. Well, that is what I'm repeating to myself as I try to envision a closet filled with "business casual" attire.

I currently own 1 pair of dress pants and 2 dress shirts. lol.

Have I mentioned I hate dress pants? SO UNCOMFORTABLE. And I'm someone who lives in skinny jeans--the tighter the better. I just hate that stiff crunchy dressy feeling! Just like prison shackles chaining you to the corporate ladder.

If I ever find myself the CEO of a company, I'm making the dress code "Look Awesome and Fashionable"

I'm thinking of applying for a job with Google. New York office perhaps? Amy I'm looking at you! :]

3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to highlight this:

    "If I ever find myself the CEO of a company, I'm making the dress code 'Look Awesome and Fashionable'"

    I think this means working for a Condi Nast company. Anyway, are you still a swim instructor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something to be said for the challenge of dressing stylishly in a suit. Having done it for three months straight/going on the rest of my life, I should know. The trick is to always have fun with your shoes and accessories!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, can I just say YAY...congrats on getting the job. Though it's only for a few months, it will look great on a resume!

    Second, I too hate dress codes...luckily my job's dress code is pretty lax. But everything in NY is a bit more fancy...when I came here, I had to change my whole wardrobe (sweatpants and colorful tees were no longer cool lol).

    Third, PLEEEEEASE MOVE TO NY...we would have so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.