Friday, March 4, 2011

New York Holidays

So one of my favorite things about new york is the holidays created solely for drinking.

For example...
The Day Before Thanksgiving
The NYC Marathon (drinking while other people work hard...LOVE IT)
AND St. Patrick's Day

Now you may think St. Patrick's Day exists as a drinking holiday pretty much everywhere, but in new york, it's the entire month of march. It starts tomorrow in Hoboken, NJ with bars opening around 7am...and continues every saturday (all day saturday) all march. I'm headed to hoboken tomorrow...I'll let you know how the festivities go.

On a real holiday note, my neighbor is having a Mardi Gras party tomorrow night. Apparently there's going to be a cake with a baby in it...and whoever finds the baby has good luck for a year. When I heard this, I instantly thought of ryeon...how have we never made a baby cake???

3 comments:

  1. i had a baby cake last year. made out of orphan annie's hand after chris sawed it off with a knife. then after dan found himself chewing on plastic, the cooks thought to mention to us that we might find unearth some surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So the guy who found the baby proceeded to put it on the top of his beer bottle where it just hung as he drank the rest of the night. It totally made me think of the "little man" (i.e. the most annoying rule of kings haha).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought I should also add how hoboken st paddy's day went...it was like the city of hoboken new jersey became frat row...every apartment had a house party and we progresed from one to the next all day...awesome

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.