Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sparkling Innovation

Hey Guys - I wanted to update you on my life...




So I just got promoted, which means I'm "rotating," as they call it, to a new department. I'm now going to be working on the "Sparkling Innovation" team.




Still learning what this means, but basically, I do short term innovation of all carbonated soft drinks. So I get to develop new products (everything from what flavor goes into it to what the brand message is to how the packaging looks, etc). I get to work with our Consumer Insights team to look at research on what consumers want and what type of product would fill that want. I even get to work with the Supply Chain team to figure out how the product should be priced and what the marketing plan should be before we hand it off to the brand team.

Though I'm super sad to leave the sports team (probably the coolest job I will have ever had, not to mention it was basically a FRAT of coworkers I went drinking with at different sporting events), I'm incredibly excited for this new role. It's going to be a lot of creative thinking full of brainstorms and consumer focus groups (people watching at its finest behind a two way mirror = AWESOME).

This move also came at the perfect time...they announced it at the Sports Party last Thursday...so I ended my sports rotation drinking with all of our sports partners. Let's just say my night ended with a crazy ride on the Sports Bus (read: crazy party bus with a full bar, leather couches, tvs, and a killer sound system) that included much dancing and debauchery. They also totally asked me to play DJ on the bus (briana, you would have been so proud of how I got my 40-year-old coworkers singing along to Richman and I'm On A Boat).

I'm learning more about what I will be working on next week, but I won't really be able to update you (pretty sure all the projects are top secret...HOW COOL IS THAT?).

Also, my mom said I got this job because I'm both sparkling and innovative (God knows she's told my whole home town this). She clearly doesn't know my sarcastic, whiny side, but I do have to admit, I'm psyched to have such a cool and happy sounding title on my new business cards. :)

1 comment:

  1. You are SO corporate! hahaha, congrats on your new position. please share your squirrel laugh with your new co-workers; i think it could be classified as "carbonated" or "bubbly."

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.