Sunday, January 10, 2010

all time low

roommate tossed a half-eaten chocolate & caramel-covered pretzel stick in the trash can b/c it was too hard to chew. horrified at this loss of dessert, i exclaim reflexively, "YOU THREW THAT AWAY?!" She instantly grabs it from the trash, which is full mind you, and says, "Do you want it?" I ask if it has touched the trash bag and other pieces of trash. She confirms in the positive. Who am I kidding, did I even need to ask that? I barely inspect it before stuffing it in my mouth. And yes, it was hard to chew. But worth it? Yes. If only for the sake of this story.

Today, for my dinner, I had a plate of saltines and pretzels with a side of A1 Steak Sauce and a can of white corn. Luckily, some housemates had some leftover soup and rice that I could eat to supplement my severe disinterest in cooking for myself.

2 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh Ryeon, I miss you. In the past week and a half I´ve eaten bread with the occasional supplement of cheese. But it´s good bread...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.