Hey queridos. Today my store received this enormous shipment of books from the US for which we´ve been waiting for about 3 months and my co-workers and I spent all afternoon hauling boxes around and unloading them. In a struggle with one particularly heavy box, I bent over to pick it up and my pants split right up the middle. Not in a discreet way either. We´re talking a perfect soundclip of a rip from zipper to belt. Every single pair of Gap pants I´ve owned has eventually ripped in the crotch, but never in such dramatic fashion.
I turned around to face the customers in the store, who were behind me incidentally, in this sort of classic way with my head craning around to inspect the damage. I wasn´t really bothered by it (even though I spent all day bending over with my black underwear conspicuously escaping my corduroys...) but now I´m down to two pairs of pants in a country where I can´t buy pants.
I think that means it´s time to come home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hahaha!
ReplyDeleteLauren and Briana will attest to the fact that I am the queen of the crotch holed pants. Also, I will have to tell y'all the story of the time my pants split on the way to a big meeting...
Oh no!! Haha, this is an awesome story. Maybe we can start a "Pants for Nate" fund and mail you pants?
ReplyDeleteAnd I can't believe Gap pants crotch rip that often!! I'll have my mom inform corporate and maybe they will send you free pants... hmmm.
I will have to post my own "articles of clothing ripping at work" story. Except this involves the butt crack of the swim suit I wear to teach lessons at Foss. lol.
hey! when are you coming to the states? want to hit up the grand canyon with me? i'm getting a WHOLE week off in nov to travel!!! nov 16-23!!
ReplyDeleteI´m coming back exactly during your vacation and I´d love to see the Grand Canyon with you, but my life is ssoo not in the black right now. Still, imagine the more frequent communication and warm feeling of proximity that´s coming up! Woohoo! And pants!
ReplyDelete