Sunday, September 19, 2010

And so it begins...

I am currently embarking on my second week of 60+ hours of work. Last week I was dead tired and barely did anything (minus the couple of nights when my body was totally wrecked from caffeine and sugar...which so far, I've only had one iced caramel machiatto decaf). To rewind, I've picked up a second job at Starbucks working about 20 hours a week. I'm on my lunch and I've just made about 1 billion frappucinos. No joke. And I walked around and smiled with coffee flavoring spots on my face until I went to the BR and realized that I had some new freckles.

In Castle news, I finally gave my first program on Saturday to about 40 people, and I got complimented on it at the end!! It was exciting! I'm still waiting for that fellow/old couple to take me out for drinks/dinner for a job well done. Maybe I should wear high heels when I give the next program.

Tomorrow I get to go inside the Castle! Inside a National Monument! They stopped letting folks into the structure 59 years ago. But the Park folk get to go up about twice a year with the archaeologists.

In other news, I have a vacation already planned out for anyone who'd like to join me: Given that I'm dragging myself out on 60 hours weeks, I AM GOING to take a 4-day vacay in November/December that includes camping in the Grand Canyon, 5-star hotelling it near Zion, and maybe camping in Zion. And maybe a dinner at a steakhouse. And maybe I'll finally go hang gliding. JK. That'd be a budget-buster. So, if you want to join me, you are welcome to!

Ha, and even though I have a second job on 60 hours, I'm only making maybe $175 a week. I try not to think about that part. After all, what else would I be doing with my life? Hiking? Writing? Stuff of dreams... That was not supposed to be cynical. Really. I do enjoy meeting people and man, have I met some.

Miss you and talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.