So I went to the Carleton picnic in central park today. PS, what a bad meeting place, central park...took me over an hour to find people (and pretty sure Caro and Andrew never found people), but anyway. I was expecting like 10 people to show up and for 5 of them to be 40 plus, but as it turns out there was like 25 people there and like 10 of them were from '09!!! I saw Abhi, Kat Jensen, Aparna, Laura Corbin, Frank Dolce, Sam Birnbaum, and some others I didn't know that well (Bassiru Sarr and Moses something).
What I really thought was crazy was that within 5 minutes of me being there, I learned that Sam Birnbaum and Pat Whitehead are my NEIGHBORS...they live 3 blocks from me. I was seriously at a party last weekend that was on the same block as their apartment (could have been the same building). Glad I found out this way, how crazy would it have been to run into them on the street drunk one night and be like "I used to sit by you in econ classes". Laura and Kat also figured out that they are neighbors at this picnic and that they are going to the same grad school...so funny. And I found out that Michael Martin and Hannah Hosotani are moving to Harlem in a month. So apparently, the Carls are multiplying here in the big apple.
We talked of having a Carleton progressive (I mean social safari) and move from one apartment to the next for everyone in manhattan. I am 100% game for this (I had actually suggested this very thing at work for our sports department happy hour and they looked at me like "what the hell's a progressive" haha...I miss Carleton).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.