Thought I'd post a list of a few life updates...click the photos to make them larger!
1. My job at Foss went really well this past session. I received a ton of positive comments on my parent evaluations. Including some parents who said I was the best instructor they have ever had and that they wished there were more instructors like me! Not bad for my first year! I think I have mastered the art of teaching nervous 3 to 4 year olds. Pretty proud of that, not gonna lie.
2. Winter here has SUCKED. I am really tired of SNOWMAGEDDON. Fortunately, it hasn't snowed more than a couple inches in the last few weeks. But that first bad 24 inch snowfall really sucked. As in a 7 minute commute taking 2 hours, getting stuck in the snow 5 times, losing all electricity/heat to our house for 3 days, and shoveling unending amounts of snow. haha. Here's a picture:

3. Attended my first Ugly Xmas Sweater party! Did you know ragstock was charging $15-$20 for their used ugly sweaters?? For real, those sweaters didn't cost that much in like 1982 before they were taken out of some dead old lady's closet or buried underneath the 75 cats she hoarded. Luckily I found a kids one that fit me so I only had to pay $7.50

4. I have spent inordinate amounts of money this winter. Black Friday/Cyber Monday really got me. Oops. No buying things for a while.
5. My dad and I have become obsessed with "The Dog Whisperer" on National Geographic channel. Seriously, Cesar Millan deserves a regular national broadcast like Barack Obama where he shares his expertise...he would save thousands of dogs around the country from being euthanized. He's also inspired me into fully believing I can have the perfect dog, and I'm someone who has never really liked dogs. This leads me to my next point...
6. Once I get A. a full time job, B. a car, C. my own place, I am going to get D. a Bichon Frise. I have been doing research for months and I think this breed of dog will suit my lifestyle perfectly. I can't wait! They are cute, even tempered, friendly, low energy, FLUFFY, and they don't shed! Look!:

7. For fun I opened an account with Model Mayhem, a networking type site for models/photographers/make up artists/designers/etc. You have to be approved by like the board of the site or whatever. Anyway, hours into my approval I had a bunch of messages and friend requests from photographers wanting to do photo shoots with me. (including one who offered $40/hr) lol. Cool, but honestly....I think I'm too afraid of serial killers to go do any of this on my own. So we'll see.
8. The Vikings were SO depressing this season. I had to celebrate when The Saints lost to the Seahawks this weekend! hahahaha. They lost to a team with a losing season. Revenge is sweet.
That's all I can remember for now. I miss you all. Like, A LOT A LOT A LOT. Its getting to the point where I feel like just kidnapping you all and bringing you back home to MN. Better watch out.
i'd like to be kidnapped to mn (and that's saying a lot given that i walked in 35 degree weather and thought i was going freeze). also, i fully expect to see you on the covers of vogue etc. just please don't become one of those gross Maxim interviewees who bleats a bunch of double entrendes for the sake of their male audience. at least go for the blatant ones.
ReplyDeleteMiss you!
1) I always KNEW you'd become a dog person :P
ReplyDelete2) You should totally do some of those modeling gigs...you'd be amazing at it. Just please bring adam with you to check for creepsters.
3) Please kidnap me to mn soon...I miss you like whoa!