Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Fried Chicken Madness

For some artery-clogging reason, fried chicken is the most popular fast food option in Bolivia. By a lot a lot. The fried chicken phenom is such a part of the popular culture that when I went to a superhero party a month or so ago, no fewer than 4 people came (separately) dressed as "Super Pollo Copacabana." Pollo Copacabana is a well-known chicken place with ridiculous chicken mascots outside of all of their restaurants who either draw people into the restaurant or scare the shit out of kids/me.

Yesterday the fried chicken craze soared to new heights in my eyes when I walked past a place past which I walk everyday but hadn´t noticed. The name: Pollo Bras y Bros. I don´t have any idea what that could mean in Spanish. Maybe it´s a shortening of "brasa" which means "grilled" and "broaster" which means "broaster"...but I will be reading that sign in English from now on regardless of intended meaning.

3 comments:

  1. ha chicken bras. yuck raw chicken bras. or raw chicken PEOPLE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly, Bolivia and South Carolina have more in common than one would have thought...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do they sell a fried chicken sandwich with the chicken acting as the bread? Haha. KFC has those double down sandwiches...2 pieces of fried chicken with bacon and condiments in between. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.