Last night, after having consumed a "double margarita," a 90 calorie mojito (yes!), and having my booty call rejected (in favor of studying! law students...), I laid down happily in my bed and had one of the happiest dreams in a long time. Guess what it was?! You guys!
Somehow, we were all meeting up at a central location one by one. Carolyn arrived first and immediately began setting up the house by getting blankets and towels out of closets; Andrew cam next and immediately started telling weird stories, poured a drink and watched the set-up. Amy showed up with bags and bags of stuff. I don't know what it was, but she was PREPARED. Then Rye dropped in and began imitating a small animal. At that point, this part of my dream ended, but it had such a lovely essence of friendship about it that I remember feeling all warm and fuzzy at the time. I wish it had kept going so that everyone could have shown up. Moreover, it would be awesome if I could have then projected the dream to everyone via ESP or something!
Upon waking up, I returned to the world in which USC Law just dropped out of the top 100 law schools according to US New and World Report...THIRD EFFING TIER SCHOOL!! Needless to say, the entire Student Body was fit to be tied and the Dean held a "town hall meeting" during which a student asked, "Dean Pratt, tell us why we shouldn't fire you?"
While I don't think it's our academics that caused the fall, but other less important stats due to budget cuts such as "spending per student" and "facilities," what was most disheartening to learn is that Alumni giving is only 8 PERCENT. Carleton, as we all know, is way above 50%. USC does nothing to tap this resource - no phone drives, no solicitations, nothing! And, while none of us particularly like to be solicited for money, especially now when we have none, I'm willing to bet we will all give to Carleton in some amount. Thus, I see no reason why wealthy lawyers, whose loyalty to this state and state network are so strong, cannot give back to this law school!! Grrr...
Exams for the next two weeks. Uber Stressed. Love you all.
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
love that my character trait is over-packing haha :)
ReplyDeletemiss you!