Thursday, April 29, 2010

You Thought Carleton was P.C.

A couple of days ago I was on a bus coming back from a climate conference in Cochabamba, when I looked at the signs posted on the driver´s cabin. Usually these are things like, "Please keep your feet of the seats," "This bus only makes scheduled stops," or "Jesus take the wheel," but this bus, was a special bus. The only sign on the cabin was a very official one I´d never seen saying, "Please don´t eat inside this bus. Respect the hunger of others!"

Naturally, I noticed this sign just as I´d opened a conspicuously large bag of chips (what?) and looked over at my seatmate. He was quite obviously well-fed yet in slow motion looked at my chips, looked at the sign, and looked mopily into my eyes. Needless to say, I only got to enjoy half to a third of my chips. I´ll be more careful before I start chowing down in the future...

2 comments:

  1. Haha, omg...
    Like a scene out of a tv sitcom. I can see you now, relishing in the sound and smell of opening a fresh bag of chips...only to have those joyous feelings replaced by guilt with every crunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha...yeah, I was definitely able to picture your exact face in that situation...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.