Thursday, April 1, 2010

Goodbye Bald spot?!?

I received this email as a member of the Alumni Council; it appears that Carleton is going to build an administration building on the bald spot... BIG FROWNY FACE!!!

Dear Carleton faculty, staff, and students,

I am pleased to announce an important new development at the College. Named in honor of Carleton’s second president, the William H. Sallmon Administration Building will respond to a critical present and future need, that of adequately housing the College’s expanding administration. We are immensely grateful for an anonymous gift, which has made it possible to begin the construction of this facility immediately.

While some few may regret the loss of the Bald Spot, current and future plans for administrative growth make it imperative that we utilize this central location.

Please refer to this web site for further information:

http://go.carleton.edu/sallmon

8 comments:

  1. SOME MAY REGRET THE LOSS? That's the worst development since we've left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and the only thing i could think about was losing the ice rinks! that i barely skated on anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 Things That Contributed to My Being Had By This Joke:

    1. April Fool´s Day isn´t a thing in Bolivia.

    2. My internet´s too slow to load videos fast enough to keep up with my passionate reactions.

    3. I´ve been using my time in front of the computer to write letters to congresspeople...thus getting me in the mood to...

    Write Rob Oden an eloquent though strongly worded email justifying why this was a horrible idea. That actually happened. Then, when that amazing video actually loaded, I had to send a retraction email basically saying what I did just now. I´m a jackass (I said that in the second email too).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha - don't feel bad, Nate - I fell for it too. I got the notice in an email, as I said, with no video attached. Luckily, I wasn't as speedy with my protest. I bet Oden is laughing his ass off at all of these "smart, gifted Carls" who fell for this joke. I'm still now sure I find it funny, but it could just be my bruised ego.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too believed it until I saw all the facebook posts...seriously...it was a GOOD joke since so many people fell for it...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.