So Thursday I got to go to an advanced screening of New Moon for this VIP opening gala at the new Showplace theater by my house. The tickets came from my aunt, but she told the people in charge that I was her intern so I could go in her place! (haha, I'm thinking...I'd like to make that permanent arrangement.) The theater is really, really fancy. They had hundreds of workers stationed just about every 5 feet to greet and welcome us. I'm not exaggerating. We had assigned seats in the VIP balcony too!
I stole this... :]

The VIP lounge was 21+, so we flashed our IDs and they led us to this fancy room with a bar. It was so awesome and all drinks and hors d'oerves were on the house. They made bacon popcorn for us! It was popcorn dribbled with bacon drippings and had pieces of bacon cooked with it. The perfect artery clogging snack! Throughout the evening various managers would walk over to where we were sitting and introduce themselves, ask us how we were enjoying things, etc, etc. One guy even took pictures of us. Ashley and I felt like real VIPs...plus we were the youngest people there! haha. It was super awesome. Its like the theater is trying to make movie date nights super classy now.
The theater itself was amazing. Huge leather chairs complete with coat holders, cup holders, and so much leg and arm room you can't see the people on either side of you. The screen was 62 feet and the clearest picture I have ever seen! I could see every 8-pack line on Jacob's stomach!! haha.
People got drunk off the unlimited free alcohol. Throughout the film some older woman kept yelling "WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! YEAAAAH!" during random parts of the movie. Actually, all the older woman were like catcalling whenever Jacob or Edward were shirtless...which was quite frequent. It was kind of awkward.
But yeah, Chris Weitz really delivered with this film. He promised to make it JUST like the book. And he did, they seriously didn't cut out anything of importance and it was edited creatively to allow inner monologue from the book without having to do voice over the whole time. Plus with their massive budget for this film the costumes, the make up, special effects, dialogue, and acting were much improved. Kristen Stewart didn't stutter annoyingly through this one. Very pleased with the result. All in all a really great time! :]
Miss you guys.

Bacon popcorn!!
stealing VIP photographs and bacon popcorn...so jealous :)
ReplyDeleteBACON BACON BACON BACON POPCORN IE NEW YEARS EVE SNACK/APPETEASER
ReplyDeleteWANT the bacon popcorn.
ReplyDeletealso, i saw the film (luna nueva here) friday night and love that the "uniform" for the werewolf clan is shirtless + jorts
omgosh. jorts. that term was mentioned here today at around 3 p.m.
ReplyDeletei also played risk today (it spanned 10:30 p.m. to 3 a.m. into this afternoon for a couple hours) AND I WON!! FIRST TIME PLAYER AND CHAMPION OF THE WORLD.
is this nerdfest?
I LOVE risk, though I don't think I've ever actually played by the rules...my friends and I would always start playing by the rules and then it would turn into a battle of us throwing army men at each other making explosion sounds...
ReplyDeleteHaha, I'm going to try to make bacon popcorn myself!
ReplyDeleteLeah - jorts! like jean shorts? haha, although I'm certainly not complaining about the shirtless... :]