Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy November!

I hope you all had a great Halloweekend! I've enjoyed seeing everyone's facebook pictures. Unfortunately, 4 years of being around friends who always take pictures (I'm looking at you Amy and Leah) has gotten me out of the habit of taking them myself...oops. So unfortunately, I have no pictures documenting my evening. But here's a brief recap of my Halloween...
I went to the First Ave Halloween Party! I spent the earlier part of the evening trying to walk the thin line between "hot" and "skanky" with my costume. I decided to be the vampire Lorena from True Blood. I bought new vampire fangs that I had to mold to my teeth--scared my dad with them cause they looked so real. Then Adam came over dressed up as Christian Bale from "American Psycho." I spattered fake blood on his face and shirt collar to complete his costume...good thing I always keep a bottle of blood handy, right? Naturally I got blood spatter all over the bathroom and the next morning my mom woke me up asking if I had "Dexter-ized" someone. lol. It was pretty scary looking.

First ave was packed!! The line to get in went around the block, so we had to wait FOREVER to get in. It was freezing. Once we got inside it was so awesome. Peter Lansky a la Too Much Love was the DJ. Plus we got that extra hour to stay out because of daylight savings!
There was a costume contest...here are some of the winners: Two guys went as an AT-AT Walker from Star Wars...the coolest thing I have ever seen. EVER. They built the top part to excruciating detail complete with little figure people in the view room. They wore the top part over their heads/torsos and made coverings to put on their legs to be the legs of the walker. They then proceeded to walk around in perfect synch just like an AT-AT. Yeah, they won. I also saw a film quality Boba Fett suit and a Storm Trooper suit

Some nominaated group costumes: Monty Python, Clue, The Neverending Story, Power Rangers, and a nudist colony(which was kinda gross...it was a group of girls wearing flesh colored body suits but with boobs and butts drawn on. oh yeah, and patches of hair for, um, down there, and each with the type of person they were supposed to be... there was a 60s au natural girl, a milkmaid, a cowgirl with a star shaped area, and a stripper with pasties.)

Oh yeah, and its a good thing I didn't end up being Lady GaGa cause EVERYONE went as her this year. lol. I even saw a man dressed as her VMA award acceptance outfit. lol. Anyway, it was a great time, wished you all could have been there with me! I'm sure we could've come up with a winning group costume.

1 comment:

  1. going as american pyscho guy? andrew, why didn't you think of that?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.