Wednesday, November 18, 2009

the melting point of soda cups

So today at work, I had grabbed a paper cup (intended for the pop machine) and was about to fill it with hot cocoa in our starbucks machine when the lady next to me freaked out and was like "NO, IT WILL MELT." Though I didn't believe her, I was a bit alarmed at her urgency, so I quickly switched to a cup intended for coffee. Of course, when I sat back down, I had this urge to fill a paper cup with cocoa just to see if it melted. So I snuck back to the machine and tested the cup. It did not melt.

Amy: 1, Lady: 0

Though I enjoy being right, I was kinda looking forward to the cup spontaneously combusting when the cocoa hit it...I'll test a flimsier cup next time. :)

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.