Sunday, December 6, 2009

homemade chocolate cake and peanut butter mousse















This is the cake that I made from scratch of which my family "tasted" and left over 75 percent of it for me to take back to Wellfleet.

I wanted to add red lines to the white part of the eye (i used cool whip instead), but somehow, it felt inappropriate. getting older/wiser/more normal?

i also quite egregiously solicited compliments for my creation from my housemates, most of whom complied readily.

4 comments:

  1. i can't believe your family had enough self-control to only eat 1/4 of that cake. i would have destroyed that turkey in one sitting with no reservations it looks so good!! maybe you could get a job decorating cakes if you need some supplemental income; become the cake boss!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAKE BOSS YES! Obviously I can't vouch for the taste, but I'm loving the turkey cake. I think you know that I would have loved it a lot more with bloodshot eyes. Or if it had been a recently field-killed turkey with gunshot prominently featured. Maybe on the neck or head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe i'll make it and bring it to new years eve. just as you describe it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DO IT!!!! I will devour that bloodshot turkey cake!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.