Sorry to be a blog hog...
But I found a job opening at Carleton and I'm applying for it. Its to be an Administrative Assistant for the Office of Intercultural and International Life. Not really what I have always pictured myself doing, but I figured I'd give it a shot. Its 37 hours a week and you get benefits...which I need badly, considering I have no health insurance. The job states they want someone who has experience working with "International and/or underrepresented students"...and I'm thinking "Does 4 years of going to school with them count?" Its so strange filling out an app/writing a cover letter to Carleton cause its like they could just walk to the building next door to talk to my references or call up the registrar to look at my academic records. lol. I feel like being an Alumn should give me some sort of a leg up, right? I mean, I understand "Carleton's Mission," I know the campus, I know the people, I'm not dumb, I can "work independently and quickly,"etc etc. Who knows...we'll see how it goes. If I get this job, I'll have to buy a car somehow. But working in Northfield will have benefits... :]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YAY...hope you get it!
ReplyDeletegood luck! clearly, you know the ins and outs of carleton and if they don't hire you i will do something lawerly to make them...maybe...
ReplyDeletei bet it'd be weird to be back there though - i think aisling finds it strange and so did emily muirhead. she preferred not to live in northfield, but then again you do have a special someone there:)
GOOD LUCK! if they don't hire you, they're idiots. though, i do think that your response to internationalism as "i went to school with them" is amazing. in so many ways.
ReplyDelete