Remember those times Nate (and sometimes Andrew) would chase me around Brooks House, eliciting 98% fun/exciting times and 2% terror? Well, today, we have reached a critical level of 3%. 97% fun, 3 % rapid respiration coupled with minor bronchitis.
After watching Star Trek and becoming mildly hyperactive, my friend Jenny and I discovered a fantastic new pastime called, Jenny sits on the couch covered in pillows holding her hands out. I jump from across the couch for a safe landing. It's amazing. I've never jumped no holds-bar (is that the phrase?) on top of anyone before. It's like flying, sort of. Anyway, getting my high (figuratively and literally) off of jumping, some of the fellows in this house thought it might be funny to do some smothering/kicking/pulling frenzy time. One of them pulled a Nate (i.e. originally a peace-keeper, turned boys-team) and bam! my bronchial tubes seize with mucus and frantic aspiration.
All together. Fun and terrifying. Maybe this house won't be too different on my nerves than the last house. At least I'll stay young, right, Katie? (refer to short story with freak show kids and eternal youth-craving spectating adults)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
your housemate allows you to jump into her arms on a couch of pillows? Awesome! I wish I had found friends like that here haha
ReplyDeletelol. we now hail it "The Flying Squirrel"
ReplyDeleteas i thought about the strange and unusual environment in which i live, one housemate mentioned that as he went to the bathroom this morning, he found himself wondering, "why the fuck am i here?" not in a bad way, he added. but i totally concur. why am i living in a house with 13 other 20-somethings? when i go "home" for thanksgiving it feels weird to be departing from this other commune-like home. maybe i'm achieving goal no. 3. now they must make me leader.
I love Galax Arena!! omg...need to read it again NOW.
ReplyDeleteI take issue with your percent of terror when we used to chase you up the stairs. Mostly because you unfairly paint yourself as the victim when I can recall several occasions/bloodgames where my terror level was well over the 50% mark. WELL over.
ReplyDelete