Monday, September 21, 2009

Teaching the children of the bourgeoisie...

Seems like I can't get away from them. I used to pick out their overpriced clothes at Gap Kids, and now I'm teaching them to NOT drown at Foss Swim School. lol.

I'm on my 3rd week of work at Foss. I love my Saturday shift--the kids are really great. I have one class of three 3 and 4 year-olds and they are SO cute. One of the girls got in the pool Saturday and said "Teacher Briana, I made this for you..." and proceeded to hand me a cut-out paper heart she colored with marker. That was only the 3rd lesson! Sweeeeet.
Also, I was wearing my Carleton swim & dive shirt after I got off work and one of my students came running up to me and asked if I went to Carleton cause his step sister did. When I asked when, his dad said she just graduated. I was like "Really? Who is she? Cause I just graduated..." Turns out I'm teaching Melly Turner's step brother. lol. Small world.

Oh, one more story...I went to the Renaissance Festival yesterday. (Yes, I'm nerd.) My friend Ashley and I had free tickets. I haven't gone for a couple years, and it was tons of fun. There was a guy there who was the spitting image of Jack Sparrow a la Pirates of the Caribbean. I kid you not. If I didn't know better I could've sworn it was Johnny Depp. This guy looked exactly like him--down to the rings on his fingers and the compass on his belt. He talked like him (he walked by us, bowed and said "my ladies..."). And he acted like him, complete with hand flourishes and a slight drunked stagger to his walk. People were staring at him and little kids would run up to him yelling "JACK SPARROW??!!!" He talked to each of the kids, joking with them, and he handed them little gold coins (cursed Aztec gold?). It was way cool.

I also bought a Sparkling Apple Cider Float and it was the best thing I have ever tasted.

1 comment:

  1. cut-out paper heart...CUTE! I want one!!! (one being a 3 or 4 yr old haha)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.