SupAH WRONG. I've smelled terrible at least 5 times since I've started working for Americorps. Don't worry. I've showered profusely and even washed my sheets (after only two weeks!). Also, I've been have rather rancid BMs, so I guess I stand corrected on that, too. It doesn't help that I no longer can sit on the Toilet and read for hours anymore...
So the explanations for the FOLDING VS. BUNCHING quizextraordinaire:
Bunching (which I had a habit of doing): juvenile and environmentally UNfriendly
Folding (which I'm not experimenting with): mature, adult, and environmentally friendly
Reasons? Folding means (in theory) that you conserve toilet paper. I, however, as a neophyte, have not yet gotten the hang of it and thus, MUST wash my hands everytime (not that I susally don't, but this time the birthday song definitely goes through my head).
Other newsworthy items: I'm still having a hard time believing that THIS is my job. We got 30 hours last week from hanging out playing games at a beach house! In the mornings, I wake up before service/training to go swimming in a freshwater pond (about 500 across) that's a five-minute jog down the road. Yesterday, mist steamed from the water as we swam through it. It's trippy, scary, and stunning. I promise your tax dollars are being used well, though!
Chainsawing is hard work (who knew I had THAT much butt sweat??), and I've gotten sort of used to worms and bugs crawling on me. For all the push-ups I semi-attempt to do at night time, it is NO preparation for lugging around a 25-lb chainsaw for hours, plus sawing softwood pines. Just so you know, don't balance the handle between your legs (to prevent sawing yourself in half from the kickback). You might think that common sense, but really, that thing is HEAVY. We're falling trees tomorrow. Next time you see me, I'm going to be very disproportionate. I'll also be able to take on any of you with these gunz. Pretty picture, right?
For those of you who believe I can't/don't cook, think again! (Well, not too much, actually you're probably right with the amount of rice and PBJs I've eaten. I've moved onto couscous, too, which is NOT filling.) A guy and I were in charge of house dinner tonight, and we made fajitas (yours truly was in charge of lime-cilantro rice, yum and DESSERT!). GUESS WHAT DESSERT I MADE? Okay, I'll tell you:
Bottom layer: devil's food chocolate cake with Oreos baked in
Second layer: Chocolate pudding
Third layer: Cake
Fourth layer: Crumbled Oreos
Fifth layer: Pudding mixed with cool whip
Sixth layer: Cake + Crumbled Oreos
Seventh layer: Some gummi worms
I was going to use peanut butter as a layer, but I didn't have any. It was delicious. Then I ran up the driveway 3x, got scared (predictable running = psychotic killers + nobody would be able to hear me scream), and proceeded to run around a circle that size of Brooks House's living room and kitchen.
And lastly (if you've continued reading this in-depth account of my day), I am planning my next pinata. I.e. a birthday is coming up! I asked this lucky guy what his favorite tangible items no more than 3" long are. He said, very skeptically, "Sand dollars." When pressed, he continued, "Okay! Pretzels! Cheese wedges!" Little did he know... I'll probably add some Milky Way Darks and Snickers per some further sneaky-semi-surrogate investigating...
A nugget for thought: How long does it take a human nail to decompose? In dirt vs. water?
I also think I missed a the point of American Psycho. I think about that chainsaw scene all the time. How stupid the prostitute was (?) to run a constant speed in a perfect spiral, and how dangerous it is to run half-naked with a chainsaw.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1) I believe Ryeon has topped my job on the awesomeness scale! Paid to swim!?! Gets to use a chainsaw!?! = fricken sweet
ReplyDelete2) Please mail me some of that dessert!!!
3) Don't put sand dollars in a pinata...hahaha
4) Out of sheer curiosity (and probably due to a serious lack of sleep), I decided to google "running naked with a chainsaw"...and I came across this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_Chainsaw_Hookers
...I may have to rent this...
hope you had safe search on
ReplyDeleteHAHA. Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers. I might just rent it. for realz.
ReplyDelete