Thursday, October 8, 2009

So European

Well, unfortunately, in spain when they say that Internet will be available in two days, they actually mean twelve. So I am still internetless at home, but have found a great coffee shop with wifi. I tonly costs 1.30 for a ridiculously deliciious coffee, or only .45 for wine. So either way, it's a win-win situation. The best part is, they usually project random music videos on the walls (last week was a James Brown marathon).
So far, there is little to update about Spain. I like my housemates more than I was expecting (they are very different from you carleton folks, but still enjoyable). My schools keep pushing back my start date (still have two weeks free). They actually said, if I want, ic an come in a give a brief presentation about myself... whenever I want, for as long as I want... if I want. ridiculous. I also was given the schedule for the school year. Not only do I have 4 days weekend every week, but there is at least one 10 break for every thrity days (10 days off for Marti gras, 2.4 weeks for easter, plus random Spanish holidays thrown in there). I am not sure how I will ever be able to handle a 40hr/week job once I get back to the US.

So I pass the time exploring the city and admiring various european fashoins. Not only do all men (and some women) sport the infamous mullet with dreadlocks look, I have seen other piece of equal interest (like wearing overalls, but as shorts (hooking them together so the top flap hangs at your knees) or wearing skinny jeans (in the legs only) with a huge baggy bottom... like a giant diaper). Or, when I was walking along the river at 10:30pm and passed a man jogging barefoot... and completely naked. Like completely. It just keeps getting better.

I have been out clubbing and salsa dancing, etc. It is crazy how late everyone stays up here! Even old people (and there are sooooooo many old people! I seriously don't understand how spain can support them because all they do is walk, bench sit, and hang out at cafes. Definitely going to retire here.

Well that is that. I am supposed to maybe have internet sometime next week (keep your fingers crossed!).

3 comments:

  1. the baggy bottom pants are being called like "harem pants" lol. supposed to be all high fashion and whatnot? yeah, Europe! i think you should totally get a pair.

    Sounds like you're having fun! Post some pictures! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. second that. you would love harem pants caro! they remind me of yr legs-fit-two stretchy pants, just... tapered at the bottom. @ least buy me a pair. i'll buy you a poncho or alpaca hat in exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. please post pictures of your people watching!!! except naked jogger...no one wants to see that...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.