Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The third first day soon to commence...

The most terrifying (as Amy/Leah/Katie will attest to my pre-Americorps trepidation) of which being when I moved in and smiled and nodded for a week with weird non-sequiturs splashing into random conversations. I, too, am awful at smalltalk, I've realized upon meeting new folks.

P.S. Amy -- the algol really sucks. I can't support it.

The second, less scary, meeting the other houses.

Finally, tonight, the last twinge of anxiety settling into my heart before I meet with my supervisor in Provincetown. I'll be serving with the Conservation Commission (i.e. planning/building community gardens, preserving wildlife sanctuaries, and enjoying things like Leatherfest) and with the town's disaster preparedness/emergency response team.

There have been 3x baked goods every single day I've been here. One today was chocolate chip zucchini bread. Katie, you would have loved it.

Anyway, I want to leave this sporadic post with the following (rewritten) song from High School Musical 1 (formerly the "Wildcats" song. Youtube it to get the tune. Then sing-a-long!):

"Watercats"

Together, together, together everyone!
Together, together, let's go have some fun!

Water is in Cape Cod
It's a solid,
A gas,
And it is a liquid!

Water is in Cape Cod
It adheres
It coheres
And it has surface tension!

Water is in Cape Cod
DEN-SI-TY
When it's fresh,
It'll float on saltwater!

Water Sing-a-long!
It's got three phases goin' on!
Water's on the ground!
Evaporates up and rains back down!

We also had a dance. It took us 30 minutes to write and choreograph. We then won a small stuffed animal. We had no science majors in my group.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha...please tell me someone videoed the dance!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.