As I type this, I must periodically warm my hands because it is so freaking cold in my house!! My dad won't turn the heat on just yet so I have to use like 3 blankets in order to not die in my sleep...
Anyway, my friend Ashley has been going to makeup school for the past month. This week is her last week, and she needed a model for her portfolio. So I agreed to help her out and went out to a professional photo studio in Minneapolis. There were models for the other 8 artists so this was a 9-5 deal. I modeled two looks "glamour" (which was kind of retro/pin-up) and "high fashion" (dark and intense colors).
For my high fashion shoot the photographer had me pose in the dusty stairwell of the building which had all this exposed brick--really industrial setting. Way cool and less awkward than the glamour shoot where I had to stand in front of a plain background while everyone watched me. Not to mention there was not much room in the stair well which resulted in much less poking and prodding and hair spraying between frames. My hair was hard and crunchy from all the stuff they kept spraying (practically pouring) on my head. lol.
The photographer was an interesting guy who asked me if I would teach him how to swim and would occasionally shout "THAT'S THE SHOT!" or "THERE WE GO!" or even "NEW FACEBOOK PHOTO!" over the top 40 R&B that was blasting. Nothing like working it to "Single Ladies" or "Unbreak My Heart." All I can say is thank goodness for shows like ANTM or "Make Me a Super Model" for teaching me how to pose...cause apparently I'm pretty good at it? I think its all in the 5 inch heels, really. I get to keep the photos, which is pretty cool. (Too bad I don't get paid though.) Ashley got 2 of the pictures right away, and we get the rest in a couple weeks! :]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
POST THE PHOTOS!
ReplyDeleteDITTO L-DIZZ!
ReplyDeleteWhat are SMEYES?
ReplyDeletePHOTOS, yessssss! you are such a star...
ReplyDelete