Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The best post on this blog

Yes, it's boastful, but by the end you will absolutely agree. Trust me.

SO...

It's been some time since the last update. In a nutshell, I've started to do some more interesting things at the RU and have been getting more comfortable at the lab, setting up all of our stuff here and being a general handyman/MacGuyver in creating all of our lab testing gear out of general office supplies. We are coarse-tuning our experimental procedure at this point, making these same two poor rats learn new tasks every day in an attempt to determine how we want the eventual, real experiment to be conducted. Sadly, as Diego says, "Old rats cannot learn new tricks." This means that sometime Friday or next week, we're going to practice my brain surgery technique on these poor bastards. We do not expect them to live through it.
We'll get some new rats next week, fine-tune the procedure until everything is smooth and wonderful, and then kill them and get MORE new rats for the real deal. Science is cool, kids!

But the point of this post is to show pictures! I have taken a few with my phone, so the quality is junk and the topics are far-ranging, but this is my environment now. Here are some choice settings...Nothing says "I feel safe at my job" like being required to wear full turnout biohazard gear like the cast of Outbreak every time you want to enter a room. You can't see it, but I also have sweet pants and OR scrub- style booties on. These are our rats!


"Zoonotic" means communicable from animals to humans. It's nice to know that, should I get sick from being in this environment, Rockefeller would take the position of "You deserved it."

HARDCORE PARKOUR!!! After work one day, I visited the gym and set up my own parkour workout in the aerobics area. It was actually a really good time; like an embarrassingly good time, considering I was by myself, exercising. However, this takes me one step closer to being a self-taught stuntman/ninja/gymnast/all-around badass.

OK. Drumroll. You know how I've been joking about how crazy my housemates are, how strange it is to live with them? I now have proof. I was helping my housemate Marina download some programs so that she could use Microsoft Office, and when I clicked on the searchbar on the Google page, the autofill provided the last search items entered. Jaw-droppingly awesome.

For those of you having trouble reading, the list is:
"big white dicks"
"devalue"
"huge nipples bondage video"
"monster white dicks"
"monster white dicks video"
"yootube"

As you can see, the best posting ever.
I'm not even shocked by the content requested here. I think that having lived where I am for a month has deadened me to surprises like this. The specificity of the search, the familiarity with the content is what's so funny to me-- how many times has Marina searched for things like this?

Well, on Saturday I'm moving to a new location, so this can all be joked about as a terrible situation long gone. Some day I'll laugh about this. Then sob a little.
Until then--
Andrew

6 comments:

  1. haha! such a variety of stories (complete with pictures!) in this post! very well done. :]

    parkour, eh? practicing to star in "Banlieu 13 Part II"? Personally, I'd love to co-star in a film with Jason Statham...he is so badass. HA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though all of your roommate's search topics are amazing and don't surprise me in the least, I have to say my favorite is "yootube"...that just takes the cake for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could you not mention that the woman who searched this lives with a BLACK man. Missing something, Marina?

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg...totally forgot about that...but still doesn't surprise me at all

    ReplyDelete
  5. i showed my housemates who know you. lololol. they loved it.

    ALSO I can totally help you move out if it's next weekend (not halloween)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrew, I also thought of you upon hearing about this:

    http://www.apple.com/trailers/magnolia/ongbak2/

    Your goal should be to take this guy ON!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.