Totally had a Hitchcock moment earlier.
It was just me and my dad in the house and suddenly he starts calling me like "Briana! Come here!!--Quickly!!" and of course I'm like, "WTF?!!" and come running. Well, my dad is standing at our picture window facing the backyard and outside are THOUSANDS of birds...I kid you not. They were grackles, to be specific, like crows but smaller and dumber. They were seriously covering our backyard and our neighbor's yard too. It was pretty freaky seeing them swarming our neighbor's bird feeder. Our entire neighborhood was probably birdseedless/insectless in a matter of minutes.
Wednesday night I went to see The Used play at First Ave. Haven't seen them since 2005, and I had forgotten how awesome they are live...and how crazy their frontman, Bert Mccracken, can be. lol. He has one of the best screams in the biz, so I was bummed to see that he just doesn't do it anymore--probably because doctors told him if he kept screaming so hard he puked onstage, he'd end up never singing again. He also has a lovely voice, so I suppose its a good thing that relies on the crowd and his bassist to do all the shrieking. Bert also likes to spit on the audience (who love it, cause he's like a god to fans). Personally, I don't like him THAT much. lol. Seriously these guys can pretty much throw anything into the crowd and people will be fighting over it (half drunk bottles of water, a lit cigarette--that was scary, a t-shirt someone threw onstage, a towel, etc). I really was hoping to catch a drum head at the end of the show, but no such luck.
Ryeon--they played "Blue and Yellow"...They NEVER play that live, so it was amazing to hear it. I wanted to call you so you could hear it via cell phone, but I left my phone in the car. lol. They did tons of stuff from the old albums, including "The Taste of Ink" and an acoustic rendition of "On My Own" for one of their encores.
The band has also done very well it seems in the 9 or 10 years they've been together, cause damn did they have fancy gear and their own lights. I also felt very old. There were kids at this show who were no more than 10 years old when the band's first album came out. So strange when the bands you listened to in, like, high school are starting to be given "classic"status by the children that pay the $30 to see them in concert. Ahhhh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
did i tell you that my dream the other night was about the used? I was jammin' to my itunes, fully loaded with "the taste of ink"!! It was stuck in my head all day and it made my heart hurt, b/c that song always does. maybe I was subconsicously and clairvoyantly connecting to your concert.
ReplyDelete