Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Halloween-esque Post

I am getting pretty excited for Halloween this year!! I'm going to the First Ave Halloween Party on Saturday and its going to be crazy! However, I'm gonna miss having Halloween at our Alma Mater...mainly seeing Rob Oden in his Halloween costume. Also this year at Carleton they're doing a Halloween cave dance. Those jerks. But, oh well. It will probably be a hub of swiney infection. Probably best we aren't in school anymore.

Speaking of Rob Oden, I saw him last Saturday jogging around campus. I went to see the last 15 minutes of the football game and there he was in his running gear. He waved at me, just like old times. :]

I have work on Saturday mornings, and I'm kind of wondering if I'm supposed to dress up...but I teach 3 year olds that already scared of things like having their ears in an inch of water, so its probably not the best idea to go to the pool covered in blood or wearing a mask. lol.
Monday night I asked my kids what they were going to be for Halloween. Here are some of their answers:
1. Darth Vader! (Coolest 4 year old ever!)
2. Cowboy (I made some comps jokes that no one understood)
3. An Elephant
4. A Lion (I asked if he was going with the elephant...he didn't get it)
5. BLOODY BONES!!!!!!! (this kid screamed that at the top of his lungs, even after I asked for clarification. apparently its some gruesome skeleton costume involving a pump that shoots blood. Kind of disturbing that costume is made for 6 year old boys).
6. Harry Potter's evil twin
7. variations of "fairy," "sparkly," "pink," and "princess"...

This is a really random post, I know. One more thing...have any of you seen "Paranormal Activity" yet? I saw it a couple weeks ago and it was the scariest movie ever! Everyone in the theater was screaming. Its not like you see anything like monsters or blood or whatever, but its the feeling of dread that builds as the film progresses that drives you crazy. It seriously took me a week to get over being freaked out every time I heard a weird noise in my house...

11 comments:

  1. hmmm...maybe I'll be darth vador for halloween

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Paranormal Activity!! Even though it was overhyped, I was purtty darn spooked. If I think about that last scene after 8:30 pm I can't sleep...

    I'm thinking about going as Kenneth the page from 30 Rock for Halloween...thoughts? I feel like the balloon boy will already be too cliché or obscure (according to Ryeon, who hadn't heard of such a person...) but that was my first choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! Nate's going as "black male" a version of Caro's "black mail" but is actually a giant black penis. Too much?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also! I'm going as a crutch. With foam on my head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think for me it is narrowed down to mini mouse or piglet...thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy- Piglet!

    Nate- HUGE BLACK COCK!

    Rye- I was thinking about this as a I went to sleep last night, but I really think you should go as a spork. Just cut out a design from cardboard and cover in aluminum foil. Hot glue to cheap headband and there you go. Human spork (they are just so versatile, don't you think?) Yeah, I don't know why that came to my mind, maybe its something in the h2o here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I WANNA SEE PARANORMAL ACTIVITY

    i think i'm gonna be beyonce (a la superhero party) BORING but i don't have a lot of clothes hurr.
    i realized i miss you all the other day when some girl in my house was like "oh i thought of the craziest costume: soccer player!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, so i made the blackface joke here. IT DID NOT GO OVER WELL. REALLY BAD. DON'T MAKE RACIST JOKES WITH NEW PEOPLE. WARNING WARNING

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never seen so many comments in my life! I love it!

    @Nate : the sun goes down at like 6:00, that's when my imaginings start.

    @Rye : you're crazy. i miss you.

    @Caro: hahahaha. also, i love the spork idea! brilliant!

    @Amy: whatever is skankiest! lol. j/k

    @Leah: go see it! sooo scary. take a picture of your beyonce costume! i never saw it. also, i kind of wish i had planned to be Lady Gaga for halloween. I thought about it 2 months ago, and was too scared to wear a leotard in public.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ended up being a spork! thanks caro!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.