In the meantime I think I'm going to apply to be a tutor at Minnetonka High School (yes, my high school's rivals). I'm sure there will be some upper middle class parents who need a tutor with an expensive degree so their child can also go to an overpriced college. No, I'm not bitter or anything. stupid carleton calling and asking me for money.
My job with Foss is going well though! On Monday I got my first manager evaluation. It was terrifying cause the manager watched my last lesson of the night (I teach 8 classes on Monday nights and it gets pretty crazy by the end). I also get really paranoid when the people working there watch me and she had this stone face the ENTIRE TIME. So I kept thinking I was totally bombing my lesson and teaching this kid to drown and not swim. Turns out she was floored by how well I did. She gave me a 91 (the goal site average is a 93) and first time instructors rarely get above an 80! How cool is that? Its only been like 3 weeks into the session!
Last night I signed up for tots and swim team training. So then I can teach the parent-baby classes (I'm really just doing it so I can play with the cute babies! yay!) and then I can help teach the swim team level kids (which is what I already have experience with).
Oh, btw...I went to Carleton for the weekend and saw the new dorms. They're ridiculous. They are more like apartment buildings than dorms. Apparently Memorial has been dubbed "The Bro-tel" because its occupied by almost all guys. Also the townhouses are almost all girls so its earned the moniker "Sorority Row"...sounds like we got out just in time, eh?
Side-note: My photo shoot pics have been posted on Facebook. I know some of y'alls wanted to see them. :] Here's one of them...props to my friend Ashley for her fantastic make up artistry.
on the plane ride to Cali (6 hours)...there was a little baby sitting right kitty corner from me. The baby kept looking at me and making faces and then giggling. I, of course, made faces back which made him giggle more. This back and forth went on for at least 2 hours if not the majority of the plane ride.
ReplyDeleteI WANT ONE! For a brief moment, I seriously considered stealing that baby...j/k...that makes me sound pretty creepy doesn't it...but it was so cute...
your other job should probably be modeling.
ReplyDeleteI second that
ReplyDelete