Ryeon gave me the best idea for a Rockefeller Party-appropriate costume the other night: Trunk Blood. Trunk blood is blood collected from the gaping neckhole of a recently-decapitated rodent, and is used all the time in research. However, I would dress up as a tree trunk (wear brown, stand straight, have very little foliage, a couple twigs and such) and carry beakers upon beakers of fake blood. It's pretty genious, especially if I am hanging out with other researchers (if I go to other parties in the city, maybe I'll just change the costume to "Tree." Or pour the blood all over myself and give no explanation whatsoever).
i wanted to roll around in glitter. how annoying would that be for anyone i went to see? maybe i could be "shiny shedding dust"
ReplyDeleteotherwise, i've got nothin.
maybe tiger lily from peter pan.
1 vote for glitter
ReplyDeleteRyeon gave me the best idea for a Rockefeller Party-appropriate costume the other night: Trunk Blood. Trunk blood is blood collected from the gaping neckhole of a recently-decapitated rodent, and is used all the time in research. However, I would dress up as a tree trunk (wear brown, stand straight, have very little foliage, a couple twigs and such) and carry beakers upon beakers of fake blood. It's pretty genious, especially if I am hanging out with other researchers (if I go to other parties in the city, maybe I'll just change the costume to "Tree." Or pour the blood all over myself and give no explanation whatsoever).
ReplyDeleteI misspelled genius. I'm sorry. Ugh.
ReplyDeleteRye - why don't you go as "dust" from The Golden Compass?? I think it's totally up your alley...
ReplyDeleteGrandfather clock? I am basically going for cheap/something which only requires things from the eurosotre downstairs.
ReplyDeleteTrunk blood and glitter queen are awesome. Challenge: who will combine them into one ultimate costume?
Caro, I LOVE how you are always something that can't fit through a door for halloween. :)
ReplyDelete