Saturday, October 3, 2009

Wow

So I made it to spain, and found an apartment within in 2 days! Actually, i mooched an apartment from three girls who were already here and looking for a 4th roommate. the place is nice (big kitchen, heated porch) but my room is windowless and TINY (I didn't think they could get smaller than musser). The best part is the rent is like 125 euros cheaper than I thought I would have to pay, which means more travel plans for carolyn!

Bilbao is a strange town- very big geographically but it feels small. People are ALWAYS walking the streets at all hours of the day and are extrememly friendly (but speak so quickly!). I have a week or so before I begin teaching, so I just explore and try not to spend money... well, I don't get internet for 10 days, but expect an update then.


ps
I know what you mean now, Rye. the people here are nice, but its definitely not carleton anymore.

pps
decent wine for under 2 euro. YES!

ppps
if you ever want to call me, it is free for me to receive calls from skype (and only 2 cents a minute for you) Just search for a spain number and type: 699291164. Call me anytime day or night (keep in mind six hour time change from east coast) I miss you all!

pppps
I will be in NY Dec 18th... I hope we can all meet up somewhere near by....

4 comments:

  1. AHH! I wanted to talk to you before you left! I'm glad you made it there safely and got an apartment so quickly, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH what ryeon said! do you have a skype name as well (for when you get internet?) otherwise i might try to call you in the downtime before i leave.

    THAT GOES FOR ALL OF YOU, i'ma do so much cell phonin' it's not even funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my skype name is moralescarolyn (i think) based in spain. please skype me, I get internet on wednesday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caro, I am so happy for you! Half of your immediate worries are gone, right? And the other girls speak English? At least you'll have some people to talk to without much effort if you get tired on Spanish:) Post some pictures of your place too if you get the chance! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.